A Senior Quote for the Whole Class

Josh Leiner
September 9, 2014

We underwent many rights of passage this year. One of these was selecting a senior quote for the yearbook. Unfortunately, nowhere is there a quote in the yearbook that represents the entire class. With this in mind, I took it upon myself to find words that honor our experience at Friends, and can help... Read more »

The End of 2013-2014 School Year

Steve McManus
September 7, 2014

New Co-Presidents Take the Lead

Charlie Blake, Assistant Editor/Layout Editor
September 4, 2014

I sat down with the new Senate Co-Presidents during an M Block to discuss their new job and what it entails. It’s been awesome for them to serve as leaders for the high school, but so far, nothing major has happened in the life of the new Co-Presidents.  They are still waiting on the first meeting... Read more »

Letter From The Editor

DSC_0225 copy

Katrina Keegan, Editor in Chief
September 4, 2014

As I assume the role of Editor-in-Chief for the Quaker Quill, I take on a great deal of responsibility to keep the newspaper true to the heart of Friends School. Over the years, I have seen the Quill grow and develop, but never truly change its character. The role of the Quill, then and now, is to celebrate... Read more »

Ms Doyle Goes Off to Hollywood!

Ms Doyle

Kira Barrett, Writer
May 2, 2014

What do absentee-lists, sex-trafficking awareness, and Into the Woods have in common? They’re all products of Ms.Doyle– office assistant, turn-around club head, and director of this year’s musical. But many of you may not be aware that when you show up to school next september, that friendly... Read more »

Stress, Hormones, and Sleepless Nights

Nina Dietz, Online Editor, Writer, Photographer
May 1, 2014

If you are a student in high school at Friends School of Baltimore, I’d bet you are an adolescent between the ages fourteen and nineteen. That means that from the get go, without anything else factored in, you are not in the most stable of states hormonally, mentally, or emotionally. And that’s... Read more »

From the Archives….

Connor Hardy, Community Section Editor, Writer
May 1, 2014

“Whether it’s Lucky Charms, Honey Nut Cheerios, Captain Crunch, or Fruity Pebbles, we’ve all enjoyed that magical taste of cereal at some point. For cereal fanatic and head of the new cereal club, Jamie Batho, though, it is much more than just a breakfast food. Jamie started the cereal club “to... Read more »

“Fun”geons and Dragons

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

May 1, 2014

Recently the Friends high school community has been exposed to the world of Dungeons and Dragons, via the newly formed club. D and D is a role playing game where each player takes on an alter ego of an adventurer. These players explore and journey through worlds and realms created by the Dungeon Master... Read more »

To C or Not to C

Connor Hardy, Community Section Editor, Writer
May 1, 2014

When you think about lower school, what do you remember? Your first time going on an overnight field trip? The one special tree where you used to play store, or fairies, or explorers? Those gummies that wouldn’t come unstuck from the ceiling? You retain at least some of the information that you learn;... Read more »

Through My Eyes at Prom

IMG_0439

Brandi Randolph, Writer
May 1, 2014

I never knew prom would be so much more fun than Semi Formal and Homecoming combined. On April 26th, 2014 from 8:00 to 11:00pm at Westminster Hall in downtown Baltimore, I and many other junior, seniors and five sophomores (me included) enjoyed the festivities at Prom. When, Darryl (known by a lot of... Read more »