Saying Goodbye to Ms. Montrie

Untitled35

Nina Dietz, Online Editor
October 1, 2014

The first time I met Ms. Motrie was when she visited our fifth grade class during the civil war unit.  She was, of course, doing a reanactment.  She was amazing, never breaking character once, and she was astounding to 11-year-old me in her full civil-war-era regala.  So, when I met her for the second... Read more »

Now Trending: Teachers with Babies

Mrs Oakes

Connor Hardy, Community Editor
October 1, 2014

There must be something in the water. This has been one of those years where many teachers have had babies. In the the past few months alone there have been five faculty babies and counting! Interviews with some of the new parents give an idea of how they’re doing:   Kieran Paulson, 7 months old,... Read more »

During the Summer, the Board of Trustees Decided To Change the Plans for the Forbush Building Project….

Summer Cartoon

Steve McManus
September 30, 2014

Apps We’d Like to See…..

Sept Cartoon

Steve McManus
September 30, 2014

A Summer of Service, Friendship, and Tastes of Freedom

Katrina-Badlands

Nina Dietz, Online Editor, Staff Photographer
September 29, 2014

Ah, Summer.  That splendiferious (yes I do realize that is not a word, but it should be) time of year when we ditch our school books and hit the beach.  Hair gets lighter, days get longer, and homework is but a distant and slightly unpleasant memory. Wait.  Back up.  What am I talking about?  That’s... Read more »

Spirit Week Spectacular!

Kira Barrett, Art's and Culture Editor, Staff Editor
September 29, 2014

Monday is always the odd day of Spirit Week. Most of us get dressed half asleep and its likely a lot of people forget about the theme completely, or are just too damn tired to put in the effort. It’s also often a day where new themes are tested, like this year’s “Superhero” theme.... Read more »

Nurturing the Fire at the Center

Natalie Linden, Copy Editor
September 9, 2014

Though it may sometimes go overlooked, the Quaker spirit is alive and well at Friends School, and many Friends students have carried this spirit outside of the classroom and taken part in the Baltimore Yearly Meeting’s (BYM) summer camping program. The program includes three different Quaker camps—Catoctin,... Read more »

Jump In With Smart Start

Katrina Keegan, Editor-in-Chief
September 9, 2014

Smart Start, a week-long orientation program for new Upper School students, had a few special perks this year. Even before returning students, incoming students got a chance to set up their iPads and see the construction at the Forbush building. “It’s like a jumpstart sort of thing,” says senior... Read more »

Say Hello to the SENIORS & SENATE

Maria Park
September 9, 2014

Wow. It’s the year 2014. How did our class become seniors? Through the natural process of aging, pure luck or the influence of destiny? Like it or not, we’re on the old end of the spectrum now, so we should probably act as such. The question is, will we? I’m not sure if the word “mature” describes... Read more »

A Senior Quote for the Whole Class

Josh Leiner
September 9, 2014

We underwent many rights of passage this year. One of these was selecting a senior quote for the yearbook. Unfortunately, nowhere is there a quote in the yearbook that represents the entire class. With this in mind, I took it upon myself to find words that honor our experience at Friends, and can help... Read more »