Movies In Classes

Movies In Classes

April 26, 2015

Programming Team to Compete

Max Rollfinke, News and Features Editor

April 26, 2015

Filed under Community

On Saturday April 18th, the Friends School Programming team will travel to the University of Maryland for the annual High School Programming Competition.  This year's team, led by Sophomore captain Hunter Davis, is comprised... Read more »

Psych Course Comes to Friends

Anne Marie Green

April 26, 2015

Filed under Community

After years of expressed interest, Friends is finally offering an Introductory Psychology Course in the spring semester of the 2015/2016 school year! Students at Friends cannot wait to take this course because psychology is such... Read more »

Clean Energy Lobby

Clean Energy Lobby

April 24, 2015

Friends Celebrates Russian at Olympiada

Natalie Linden, Copy Editor, Writer

April 24, 2015

Filed under Community

The Maryland Olympiada of Spoken Russian takes place annually at Goucher College with a variety of participants, from the Baltimore International Academy’s Elementary and Middle Schools to Walt Whitman High School in Bethesda,... Read more »

Jazz Band in Full Swing

Charlie Blake, Assistant Editor

April 24, 2015

Filed under Community

In general, jazz bands vary in the number of members and the style of jazz that they play. One of the more common jazz band structures includes a rhythm section and a horn and wind section. Not your typical jazz band, the Friends... Read more »

Jury’s In: Mock Trial Team to Advance

Maria Park, Writer

April 24, 2015

Filed under Community

On March 10, Adrienne Randall and I rode Mr. McManus’s fan bus to the Clarence Mitchell Courthouse, where our Mock Trial team was facing City College in the Baltimore City Mock Trial Circuit Court finals. The lawsuit was a... Read more »

NAIMUN Ends in Murder and Burrito Bowls

Madalynn Williams, Opinions Editor

April 24, 2015

Filed under Community

Around 2 o’clock in the afternoon on a cold February Thursday, 20 plus students, teachers, and I loaded suitcases, backpacks and garment bags into a heavily disinfected coach bus. With a few encouraging awards from Mr. Raines... Read more »

Ritalin Overload

Nina Dietz, Online Editor

April 24, 2015

Filed under Community

I have nothing against prescription drugs. I take several of them myself that I know how vital they can be to both physical and mental health. Plenty of people take medication every day: anxiety meds, anti-depressants, and stimulants... Read more »

Extra Credit Makes the Grade

Kira Barrett, Assistant Editor

April 24, 2015

Filed under Community

At Friends, two people can take the same class, with different teachers, and learn completely different things. Each teacher has their own interests and skills, therefore; each class is different. Extra credit is no exception... Read more »