New Teachers

New Teachers

October 1, 2015

Homecoming

Manuel Binford

October 1, 2015

Filed under Community

Incomprehensible babbling slowly emanates from common gathering places around the turf field,  deep in the dining hall line, or in other commonly . The noises always begin the same time each year, just as students settle i...

Letter From The Editor

Kira Barrett, Editor in Chief

October 1, 2015

Filed under Community

Hello Readers of the Quaker Quill,   It's that time of year again: the leaves are changing, the temperatures are dropping, and the Quaker Quill has a new Editor-in-Chief. My name is Kira Barrett, I'm a senior at Fr...

A Meaningful Sense of the Meeting

Amy Schmaljohn, Faculty Contributor

June 8, 2015

Filed under Community

Quakers rely upon two practices—Meeting for Worship and Meeting for Business—to sustain our communities and to live our testimonies of equality, integrity, peace, and stewardship.  Each is grounded in an understanding that...

iPinions: An Op-Ed About iPads

Madalynn Williams, Online Editor

June 8, 2015

Filed under Community

It only seems fair that we talk about the iPads. Perhaps it’s been a little overdone, but oh well. So, I don’t know if it’s just me, but I was pretty happy to get an iPad. Like, oh, I get another excuse to play with an Apple...

Extra-Disciplinary Credit Program

Connor Hardy, Layout Editor

June 8, 2015

Filed under Community

The students who attend Friends Upper School are diverse in their interests and talents. A valuable part of the curriculum is the broad base of knowledge that students must acquire in the core courses required to graduate. Students...

Donald Bentley Food Pantry: A Way to Build Back Baltimore

Anna Fedder

June 8, 2015

Filed under Community

There are a lot of things on a hopeful Friends School graduate’s mind: grades, sports credits, extra-curriculars etc., but many students tend to forget about their community service requirement (or not, thanks to the recent...

Community