You know you’re a 90’s kid if:
Kristen Johnson, Writer, Copy Editor
April 11, 2012
Filed under News and Features
• You used to throw plastic McDonald’s kids meal pokemon balls around screaming “gotta catch em’ all!”
• Courage the Cowardly Dog used to thoroughly creep you out.
• You used to clean up with Molly on the Big Comfy Couch.
• You used to sympathize with the foreign teenage plights of Brace Face.
• You used to laugh every time you heard the phrase “Amanda please”.
• You truly believed that little girls were made in a lab with “sugar, spice, and everything nice.”
• Going to see the Lizzie McGuire movie was like going to your first concert.
• You used to think that calling someone football head was a real insult.
• You got frustrated every time Dexter’s sister foiled yet another science project.
• Ed, Edd, and Eddy made you wish you had a pet plank.
• Johnny Bravo taught you everything you know about how to pick up women.
• You know every word to the theme song from Fresh Prince of Bel Air
• You used to have a stifling crush on Jesse McCartney, Aaron Carter, and the boys from N’sync.
• You’re still waiting for your science teacher to take you on a field trip in a magic school bus.
• You think that “si se puede” actually translates into “yes we can”.
• You remember a time when a girl’s biggest source of pride was the fact that there was a pink power ranger.
• You couldn’t help wanting to play basketball after seeing “Space Jam”.
• Every time you see twin girls you immediately hum the tune “sister sister”
• You felt a sense of satisfaction every time you heard the words “I would have gotten away with it if it weren’t for you meddling kids!”
• You used to bite into your carrot and say “what’s up doc?”
• You cried when Phil went back to the future.
• Rufus made you wish you had a naked mole rat.
• The Magic Tree House series made you feel cool because it was your first chapter book.
• You always wished for a boyfriend that left you a rose everywhere he went like Sailor Moon’s.
• You’re parents never got you that coveted pair of moon shoes.
• Lilo and Stitch taught you that “ohana” means family.
• That’s So Raven gave you a whole new perspective on psychics.
• Clifford made you want a big red dog
• You always wondered why Doug’s friend had green skin.
• DW made it ok to have a blankie.
• You remember a time when you actually wanted to be like Brittany Spears.
• You hated the mean girls in “As Told by Ginger”
• You wondered why your tire fort didn’t look like the one from “Recess.”