Coffeehouse: Talent Abounds

Elizabeth Makris, Writer

November 27, 2017

Filed under Community

Friday the 13th was a lucky day for many Friends School students. It saw a number of freshmen and new voices displaying talents never before seen, and many upperclassmen showing their well-known skills at the high school coffe...

Stewardship Program: Failure to Launch

Atlas Pyke, News and Features Editor

November 27, 2017

Filed under Community

Friends has always been a community that prides itself on honest conversation and civil engagement, whether it be political or administrative. I first remember the heavy emphasis placed on Quaker decision making during my brief...

Q & A with Seniors Who Have Committed to College

Grace Hall-Ramsey, Writer

October 29, 2017

Filed under Community

Grace Hall-Ramsey As September has fallen upon us, seniors find themselves in the hustle and bustle of the college process. Many are scrambling to complete applications and essays but there are four seniors who can breathe a s...

How Will We Digest the SPICES

Brenna Firlie, Writer

October 29, 2017

Filed under Community

Although some may feel that the Quaker values are constantly imposed upon us due to their incredible importance as the foundation of our school, we have been exposed to them less and less within the past year. With the transit...

The Apocalypse Can Wait

Steve McManus, Upper School Principal

October 29, 2017

Filed under Community

The U.S. Congress, the British House of Commons, the LPGA, and Friends School.  What do these institutions have in common?  They all are navigating the shifting lines of “appropriateness” in their respective dress codes...

Fall Sports at Friends

David Gantt, Community Editor

October 29, 2017

Filed under Community

The 2017 Friends Football squad doesn't look like it did last year. Returning on the offensive side of the ball are three college-bound playmakers — Kavon Samuels, Tres Conaway, and Skyler Kessenich. All three are fielding offers f...

Dining Hall Food: A School-Wide Crisis

Caroline Kevin, Writer

October 29, 2017

Filed under Community

“Where’s the food?” was my first thought walking into the cafeteria on the first day of school. I looked around me, and everyone seemed just as confused, was this some kind of sick joke? Little did I know, this horrible momen...

What’s Strange on Exchange

Anna Sochorova, Writer

October 29, 2017

Filed under Community

For those who don’t know me, my name is Anna and I’m here on exchange from Czech Republic. I was given this amazing opportunity through the organization, Assist (if you want to learn more about this program, visit http://www....

Ten Things Freshmen Should Know

October 29, 2017

Filed under Community

Do homework on the night it’s assigned, not the night before it is due. This will keep your work level manageable and eliminate your tendency to procrastinate. Join clubs and get involved with things you are interested in now. It will b...

Students’ Summers From Cereal to Concerts

Helena Ware, Writer

October 29, 2017

Filed under Community

Friends School students had a range of experiences this summer. The vast majority opted not to be included in this article, but of those interviewed, many went away and enjoyed their time outside of Baltimore. Lauren Curry part...

Debate Club

Amee Rothman, Opinion Editor

October 29, 2017

Filed under Community

Whether you’re wrong or right. It doesn’t matter—everyone’s going to argue anyways. Here in debate club, we exemplify one of Friend’s Schools most prized values, arguing over nothing. A few Saturdays each month,...

Hitting the Books: How FSB Students Stand on our New Chromebooks

Tricie Ledakis, Writer

October 29, 2017

Filed under Community

Last May, the high school was made aware of a significant change that would occur the following year. It wasn’t about the abolishment of our dress code or a sudden change in the food in the Dining Hall, but about our beloved iPa...

Community