What to Do While Quarantined

Molly Gantt, Editor-in-Chief

In the midst of the COVID-19 crisis, participating in activities outside our homes is limited. Here are ten possible activities that will keep you occupied during your time in quarantine:

1. Go for a hike in a remote location – getting outside is necessary during this time!
  2. Play a long board game with your family – this is a great way to pass time.
  3. For sophomores and juniors – take this time to get ahead on ACT and SAT prep. It’s best to practice for standardized testing when you know you won’t be missing out on other plans.
  4. Organize your room. This is something we all dread, but never have time for during school. Plus, your parents will be super happy!
  5. Binge watch a new series on Netflix. You can download the extension “Netflix Party” so you can watch your favorite show with your friends and chat about it virtually.
  6. Group FaceTime call a bunch of your friends – this is a great way to keep in touch with them while social distancing.
  7. If you’re feeling antsy, do a quick workout at home. There are a bunch of videos on YouTube, or you can download the Nike Training app for guided workouts.
  8. If you have your license, go for a drive. Listen to music and roll down the windows. This is a way to get out of your house while still keeping your distance from others.
  9. Take this time to read books. We rarely make time to read for pleasure when we are in school, so now is a a perfect time!
  10. Take care of yourself. Since we all have a little extra time on our hands, make sure you are doing things that make you happy.